It’s no surprise that Fall is one of my favorite seasons out of the year. That first chill in the air brings promise of magic about to happen. From the changing colors in nature, to the Halloween spirit and nights snuggling up under blankets with a warm cup of tea or cocoa, I tend to embrace everything about this season. Although there is much to do in Summer under the heat of the warm sun, I find that Fall has so much more to offer. Let me remind you of things to do during this wonderful month.
- Take pictures of changing leaves
- Go on a nature walk
- Eat as much pumpkin flavored goodies as you can
- Go apple picking and bake a homemade pie
- Go on a hayride (through an orchard or haunted trail if you’re not a scaredy cat like me!)
- Collect pretty leaves and preserve them
- Pick pumpkins and carve or paint them
- Roast your own pumpkin for homemade purée and don’t forget to keep the seeds for roasting, too!
- Go horseback riding through the woods
- Decorate for Halloween
- Hike a new trail
- Go canoeing on a crisp, fall day
- Visit the beach during off season
- Make S’mores over a fire
- Enjoy a warm glass of mulled wine
- Buy yourself a new sweater
- Break out the dark nail polish and deep, red lips
- Visit a Fall festival
- Watch Halloween favorites like Hocus Pocus and It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
Let’s face it – we’ll all be cursing once Winter arrives. We might as well enjoy this short little season before Winter pushes its harsh way through!
What are your plans for October?
think this post is worth a read? please share! I’d greatly appreciate it :)
[Tweet “Nineteen Things To Do in October”]