With the cold of Fall settling in and the even colder Winter not too far behind, I find myself needing a little bit more energy during the days to get moving. Without the natural light pouring in through our windows, it seems like my body isn’t quite ready to work as hard as it’s used to during the warmer months of Summer. Instead of hibernating and waiting for Spring to come around to be productive again, I’ve found some ways to be a bit more energetic during the day so check out these nine easy energy boosters!
1. Take a cold shower. This goes against everything I want to do in Fall and Winter, but this works like a charm! Even if you alternate between hot and cold in the shower, just a little bit of cooler water is plenty to snap your body out of it’s funk for awhile. At least long enough to yield a few more productive hours in the day.
2. Laugh. We all know that laughing is good for us, but it’s a great energy booster, too. Especially when it’s stress or a long day at work that’s zapping your energy. They say laughter is the best medicine and when it comes to getting a quick energy boost, I think that just might be true!
3. Drink more water. For me, it’s much easier to stay hydrated during the Summer because of the heat. But who am I kidding – when it’s cold, I don’t think about a nice glass of ice water all that often. However, dehydration can make you sluggish and fatigued so it’s important to stay hydrated all day long.
4. Crank up the tunes. Another great way to get that blood pumping is to turn on your favorite feel good song and sing along at the top of your lungs. It’s an easy way to get a quick energy boost at home, in the shower, or even during the commute to or from work!
5. Get moving. It may seem like it’s mission impossible to get moving when your energy levels are pretty much depleted, but even five minutes is enough to get the blood circulating again. If you can’t swing a full work-out, no problem! Go for a quick walk around your office, go up and down the stairs in your house or even circle the whole grocery store even if you don’t need to.
6. Do something new or something you love doing. When you’re feeling beat, doing something new or something exciting to you is sure to engage your mind. Save tasks you enjoy doing for when you’re low on energy or find something different to do if the task at hand is putting you to sleep. Re-engage your mind and body before you head back to work you like less.
7. Chow down. You need fuel to function and stay energized so eat up! Be sure to eat regular meals without skipping any just because you’re “too busy.” Already ate lunch? Had too small of a breakfast? Snack on some fruits and veggies to tide you over until your next meal and drink extra water to stay full.
8. Sleep. Sometimes sleep is the only answer. When going to bed for a full eight hours, try a power nap. Get a quick 10-30 minute nap in and refuel your energy for the day. If you’re not sure that you’ll feel well-rested for the rest of the day, try number nine right before you catch some zzzs!
9. Drink coffee. You don’t need much of this delicious beverage to stay awake. In fact, even the smell can be enough to jolt those senses awake and give you a quick energy boost. But if you need a bit more, try just a cup of coffee and see if it’s enough to bump up your energy levels before downing another cup or four.
what are your favorite easy energy boosters?
think this post is worth a read? please share! I’d greatly appreciate it :)
[Tweet “Nine Easy Energy Boosters”]